Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Ready, Set, Go

A month and a few days to go.  All the reservations have been made and the day of departure anticipation is building.

The training walks, have been few.  However, the major yard work is done and hopefully even the minor projects will be completed by this weekend.  

Took some time off this weekend and visited family.  Drove to Nashville and Dayton area to spend time with my cousin and my brother/sister-in-law.  Also made a stop at my favorite store, Jungle Jim's.  It's like Trader Joe's, on steroids.  This mega store has everything grocery and lots of it.  They also have a phenomenal wine selection, at great prices.  




Additionally, my brother, sister-in-law and I, went to the Ribs & Jazz Festival, in Columbus, OH.  I've gone for the past three years.  This was the first year without Eddie.  I had a tearful few moments, but got it together and enjoyed the remainder of the evening.  The highlight of the evening, was Dave Koz and Friends (Gerald Albright, Rick Braun, Richard Elliot and Aubrey Logan).  They were great!



Back to the upcoming adventure  

Now that all the travel reservations are made, planning is completed and the garden will soon be in order, there will be no more excuses.  Training walks need to be a top priority.  Though I'll be walking shorter distances than in 2014, it's still important to get my feet, mind and body ready, for the many days of trekking.  

It looks like I might have a companion for the later part of my journey.  If it works out, I'll let you know who, in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment