The Best Laid Plans...
We plan, God laughs...
Well, this past week kinda went that way. My two days walking, one day off schedule was a good plan. However, it didn't work out that way. Last week I walked:
Sunday - 7.67 miles
Monday - 10.17 miles
Tuesday - Rest
Wednesday - Household projects (was supposed to be a walk day)
Thursday - Household projects (was supposed to be a walk day)
Friday - Household projects (was supposed to be a rest day)
Saturday - Household projects (was supposed to be a walk day)
This week so far:
Sunday - Errands & other stuff I needed to do (was supposed to be a rest day)
This week is scheduled as three days walking and one day of rest. That means I need to walk Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, rest on Thursday and walk Friday, Saturday & Sunday.
Getting all of my itinerary paperwork in order (hotels, air, sights, etc.) and my backpack weight managed (shouldn't be more than 10% of body weight). I have my 2 credentials. The credentials identify a person as a traveling pilgrim (on foot, bicycle or horseback) and it must be shown when registering in the albergues in which one sleeps along the Camino.
On the physical side, I've been experiencing some heel pain after the long walks, but stretching the heel and calf seems to help. Enjoying the walking and each week I see improvement in stamina and pace.

No comments:
Post a Comment