Tuesday - 9/4 (cont'd)
I apologize for the long gap in postings. A combination of exhaustion (from walking) and poor wi-fi (pronounced we-fee in Spain), have thwarted my efforts.
Upon arrival in Nazare, I was able to easily locate my hostel. It was a modernly designed place. I was placed in a room with four beds and a private bath, but I was the only occupant.
 |
| The Breakfast table |
Once settled in, it was time for a little exploring. The hostel owner (pictured above), Antonio, provided a complimentary glass of port and a dinner recommendation. After a bit of conversation and a emptied glass, I was on my way.
Here is a bit of Nazare history:
Nazare is one of the finest beach resorts in Portugal, and is an outstanding destination for a holiday. The town is situated on a wide bay of golden sands and stands in the shadow of the towering SÃtio headland. Historically, this headland provided shelter for the fishing fleet and the boats were moored high up on the sands, safe from the ferocity of the ocean.
Here are photos taken during the evening:
 |
Looking down a side street toward the water |
 |
Grilled Sadines (They were delicious) |
 |
| The Plaza at night |
 |
Pick your seafood
|
Wednesday - 9/5
The next day, I did a little more exploring:
No comments:
Post a Comment