Sunday, September 16, 2018

Rubiaes to Tui

Monday - 9/10

After the previous day's struggle up the mountain, I decided to no longer carry my backpack. Instead, I utilized an option available to pilgrims, pack transport. It's a service, that transports your pack to the next albergue. When you arrive, your pack is waiting. This makes the daily walking load, much lighter. 

The four of us left the albergue together, but I  wanted to move at a slower pace and told them to go on. The walk was good. Walking alone, provides time for reflection and there's no pressure to do things, the way others want. 


Valenca is a stop along the way to Tui. Some Pilgrims choose to stop here, for the night.  I walked on.


The above, are views of Valenca, from atop the mountain. 

It was a good walking day. It was another very hot day, but no issues. Once in Tui, I tried to make sure I wasn't doing any unnecessary walking, while trying to locate my albergue. Spotted a police car, parked at a gas station.  Asked them if they knew where my albergue was located.  One of the officers got out, pulled out a map and showed me the route. While looking at the map, I noticed a shorter route and asked him if it was an option. He said it was. I opted for the shorter route. 

Made it to the albergue. While checking in, Tabby, Michael and Virginia showed up. The Municipal albergue they planned to stay in, was full. Since they knew I had a reservation at Ideas Albergue, they decided to see if they could also get a room. They were successful (though in a different room).

We all settled in, for the evening. Later, we got together for dinner.

Next stop, Moz, Spain.

A church along the way

The bridge that separates Valenca
& Tui
(The border is in the middle of the bridge)


View before crossing the bridge 



A bit of history








No comments:

Post a Comment