Wednesday, September 10, 2014

DAY THIRTEEN - Still Resting in Burgos

Today was fairly uneventful. I decided to meet Suzanne and Kathy for the Evolution of Man museum tour. It was interesting, but not great. Had to get back to the auberge to check back in for the night. We got separated in the museum and though I looked for them throughout the building, I was never able to find them.

Once checked in and settled, I returned to the shopping areas to find the sporting goods store where I might find a replacement pair of pants. My remaining pair of pants now requires a tightly cinched belt to keep them from falling to my hips. So, with that in mind, I looked in the section for pants one size smaller than what I was wearing at home. I took my selections into the dressing room and began trying them on.

Surprise, Spanish sizes are not the same as U.S. sizes. A size 10 here, is equivalent to a size 4 in the states. The size pant I ended up purchasing was two sizes larger than what I would normally wear. The good thing is, I found a pair that fit. The bad thing, they were far more expensive than I thought they'd be.

Spent the afternoon consuming the remainder of the food I'd purchased the day before and drinking some wine. After the trip to get the pants, the foot pain had returned. I knew at that point, there would be no walking for me on Wednesday. Also, at the end of the day, my feet and ankles were swollen due to fluid retention. 

A park at the entrance to the plaza and shopping areas.
 

This is my favorite place to hangout, eat, people watch, write and drink wine.
 

Now, I must come up with a new plan. For sure, I know I'll need to rest my foot another day. Tonight, I'll look at other options for moving forward.

2 comments:

  1. Paul and trish and I enjoyed an evening under this awning as well. Glad you took doc's advice!
    They left the camino.here on 9/11 to go to see her mum in England.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Burgos. It's on my list of places to visit again. The next time, it won't be a walking visit.

    ReplyDelete