Friday, September 5, 2014


DAY NINE - Los  Arcos to Logrona

Today was a long hot day. The required walk was 28 km and lots of rolling hills.  The temps were in the high 80s. Started walking at 6 am. At that time, it was still dark, but pilgrims from all over the city were making their way along the path.  With headlamps illuminating the changes in road elevation and smoothness, we walked.

This morning, I bid goodbye to three of my Camino friends. They had plans for a shorter route and would be leaving town later in the morning. We hope to meet again next week, in Burgos.

There wasn't a lot of interesting things today. So, there aren't many pictures to share.

There are many places on the Camino where pilgrims leave stacked stones with messages for friends/family, both living and departed.


Stopped at an outdoor market along the way. Saw these huge bell peppers. There are many vegetable gardens here and all of the vegetables are huge.  Don't know if the difference is soil, climate or fertilizer.


Tomorrow will be an even longer day. There is a section I've been advised to skip. To do this, I'd need to walk for about 12 miles and then catch a bus for 17. I'm considering this option.

One thing I really enjoy in Spain, the way many people gather in the plazas in the evening. It's a time for food, drink, family and socializing. It would be nice to have places like this at home.







3 comments:

  1. I miss our occasional talks. Getting there slowly, but surely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really a beautiful sight to see the families together on the plazas. It was also delightful to see fellow peregrinos ...our camino family. Love reading your blog. Utah has a blog too I think it's called happytrailspilgrim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did Utah finish? We parted ways along the Camino and I looked for him later, but never saw him again. I know his knees were starting to bother him.

    ReplyDelete